Pages

Kvitova successful in Linz final

Petra Kvitova claimed her fifth title of the year on Sunday with a straight-sets success over Dominika Cibulkova in the final of the WTA Generali Ladies Linz.Top seed Petra Kvitova claimed her fifth title of the year this afternoon with a straight-sets win over Dominika Cibulkova in the final of the WTA Generali Ladies Linz. The 21-year-old Czech top seed broke the Slovakian seventh seed's serve six times en route to a 6-4 6-1 triumph in just under 90 minutes in Austria.

The result kept the Wimbledon champion unbeaten in four meetings with 22-year-old Cibulkova, who had been seeking her first WTA Tour crown. Kvitova was excited with the form she showed on the fast indoor courts in Austria after under pressure since winning her maiden grand slam at SW19 in July."I was fighting for every point this week," the world number four told ".The semi-final with Jelena was tough, but it was very nice tennis from both of us.

"I played my best at the end of it - it was a very good match."I played very well on the big points."Every game was so close today. Of course I'm very happy I won."Kvitova will now have a week off before title to Istanbul for the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships."I'm going to go home and have one week of training," she added. "Then I'm going to Istanbul on Saturday."I'm just going to practice. I'm really looking forward to my first Championships and going to Istanbul."

Sports Accessories

More Sports News

0 comments:

Post a Comment