Pages

Petrova claims title at Citi Open


Nadia Petrova continued her domination over Shahar Peer to claim the Citi Open title with a 7-5 6-2 win in Sunday's final. The number two seed had won all five of the pair's earlier meetings and she sustained that pattern in College Park, Maryland to claim her first WTA Tour title since 2008.The Russian made life hard for herself, losing her first service game in both sets, but bounced back both times to win in straight sets.

"I've been waiting for this one patiently, and I've very happy to lastly have my 10th title," she said."I lost my opening serve in each set but was able to turn it around."I knew that Shahar wasn't able to hurt me on her serve, particularly her second serve, and that if I was serving solid, it would be very tricky for her to break me."

Fitness products

More Sports News

0 comments:

Post a Comment