Pages

Sehwag feels India ready to win WC

Virender Sehwag is not worried of the injuries and dip in form to some of India's key players in front of World Cup and feels that his side is prepared to win the title in front of the home crowd. Sehwag himself is coming out of a shoulder injury, Gautam Gambhir is improving from a hand injury while Yuvraj Singh and Suresh Raina are struggling for form. But the dashing opener contended that every cricketer goes through the rough patch at some point of time."I am not worried with all these. Sometimes you perform well and sometimes you don't. I was not performing well in 2006-07 but my time came in 2008, 2009 and 2010. I performed well and scored runs in both one-dayers and Tests. These things happen in every player's career. I am not worried," he said.

"Time is coming for Indian batsmen to do in front of the home crowd. I am looking forward to that. Everyone has not been scoring big hundreds of late but now is the time for us with World Cup round the corner. I am sure everybody will score," said Sehwag. Asked about playing under pressure of massive expectations and a tough World Cup group comprising England, South Africa, West Indies and Bangladesh, Sehwag said the Indians have done their home work well to give their best shot at glory."Bangladeshi people would be expecting their side to beat us again like in 2007 World Cup. But this time we are prepared fine and confident of defeat them in Bangladesh. It's a revenge game for us. We will not take it lightly.



"We are playing in India and know the conditions better than other teams in our group. We know how wickets will behave. When we played against England last time, we have won 5-0. Against South Africa, we have done well against them in their country and in India. We recently won the Test series 2-1," he said. "West Indies, they have got good players in Kieron Pollard and Chris Gayle and if they click on, it's difficult for us but India has a very strong side in Sachin, Gambhir, Pathan, Kohli, Yuvraj, Dhoni and Raina. I am looking forward to see Yusuf Pathan in this World Cup," he said.

Sehwag said it's a special moment for him with World Cup happening in India."World Cup is coming to India and it is my third. Every cricketer wants to play the World Cup and I am lucky enough to have plated two. I am very lucky that I am playing at home. All the players are very happy that it is happening in India. I hope we will bring and give our best shot. If the day belongs to us, we can beat any side," said Sehwag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment