Pages

Yasika makes reappear to carrom

Amazing Carrom star Yasika Rahubadda who studied at Ratnapura Gonakumbura Maha Vidyalaya and Ratnapura Sumana Balika Vidyalaya is now employed at the Ceylon Electricity Board head office in Colombo. She is making a comeback to carrom with the ongoing national carrom championship and her aim is to climb up the ranking hierarchy in order to seek international exposure.



“Carrom was my pet passion from my childhood. I was motivated by Ratnapura Sumana Vidyalaya. Having tasted success at school level, I then joined the national level. I had to temporarily give up the game due to my father’s demise. But now I am making a return to the game with a physically powerful strength of mind. She was the national junior champ from 2004 to 2009 and the national champ in 2008 and 2009. Yasika also brought Sri Lanka the runners up trophy at the 5th World Carrom Championship held in France.

She also won other key titles like the Maldive Islands Women’s championship, and the runners up trophy from the 10th to 13th SAARC carrom championships.“I am following coaching stints under Rohini Mathias, Jagath Suraweera and Sujatha Maduregoda now. I am grateful to Sumana Vidyalaya Principal and the members of the staff, my family members, friends, relatives, my team mates and the Carrom Association officials for their encouragement and support,” she said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment