Pages

Anirban Lahiri takes lead in Delhi

Anirban Lahiri established a one-stroke lead at the SAIL Open after the Indian posted a first-round 66 at Delhi Golf Club. The decision to take the driver out of his bag paid off for the 23-year-old as Lahiri collected an eagle and five birdies beside just one bogey to finish six under par and edge ahead of Daisuke Maruyama, Gaganjeet Bhullar and Anura Rohana, who all returned opening 67s.


"I'm hitting my three wood and that's good enough," he said."I decided Monday evening to take my driver out. It was partly because this golf course has thin fairways and also because I haven't been hitting it very well with my driver."I missed about six putts inside 12 feet for birdie but I'm not difficult. I'm just happy I'm giving myself a lot of scoring opportunities."

Murayama fired six birdies over his inward nine to end the day level with Sri Lankan Rohana and India's Bhullar on five under. However, the Japanese golfer admitted events back home almost saw him skip the tournament."I had a lot of time to think about playing in the SAIL Open this week and I lastly decided to play. It wasn't an easy choice to make but life in Japan is not easy now with the shortage of water and irregular electricity supply," he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment