Pages

Mosley says Pacquiao easy to hit

Manny Pacquiao may be fast but he's easy to hit.This is what “Sugar” Shane Mosley claims to be his edge when he faces the fleet-footed boxing champion from General Santos City. “Pacquiao is very hittable and that's the problem he has with me because I can put your lights out,” Mosley, the former World Boxing Association (WBA) welterweight champion, said. The 39-year-old American is banking on his punching power when he challenges Pacquiao on May 7 for the Filipino’s World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title.



Mosley said age won’t be a factor once he goes toe-to-toe against the 32-year-old Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.“I mean, whether everybody says I'm old or this and that, my punching power ain't going nowhere,” he said. Mosley said the Antonio Margarito fight showed that Pacquiao can be hit despite his above-average speed. He said that this, joined with his punching power, will cause Pacquiao’s downfall.“I'm not as slow as Margarito. I'm at least three times faster than Margarito, so if Margarito can touch him, I can touch him too,” said Mosley.

Mosley said his fellow American boxer, Floyd Mayweather Jr., had a taste of his power punches. “Floyd knows what that feels like. It didn't feel like nothing he's ever felt before. He knows what's up," said Mosley. The Pomona, California native virtually knocked down Mayweather in round 2 of their welterweight fight in May 2010.Mayweather, however, rallied in the remaining rounds to score a lopsided decision against Mosley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment